Friday, June 29, 2007

Tribute to Big 12 Fanbases, Part II: Iowa State



It won't stop raining here, so I'm forced to not play golf. There isn't much good on TV, either, so I figured I'd plow on with my quest to honor the less-glamorous side of each Big 12 fanbase.

I hate to kick a man when he's down, so I almost decided to leave the Iowa State tribute blank. But I figured if I did that, it might imply they have no fans, which would be an even worse insult. And besides, any university who has had this...



...in its past deserves to catch a little grief. Ol' Lecherous Larry really missed his time. He needed to be born into the coaching era before digital cameras, so he could get away with having a girl in every Big 8 town like Bob Devaney did.

The great Lecher holds an unspecial place in every K-Stater's heart for telling an attractive K-State coed (allegedly in between sips of a more upscale beer, like Milwaukee's Best) that she should be at KU. The following picture doesn't really disprove that notion, but I'll take the excuse to post it anyway...



Of course, maybe Eustachy was just repressed, because he was living in the midst fans such as this guy...



(I have no idea if this guy is an ISU fan or not, but it was posted under ISU football pics on flickr, so I ran with it.)

I don't have anything against people finding the right person for them, but if you find that person with a cardboard sign and a PBR, well, just expect the world to get a laugh out of it. At least he was able to correcty write the words on his sign, unlike the shirt-maker for these next ISU fans...



These guys are definitely big fans of "ETATS AWOI", whatever the hell that is. It would be funnier if they were fans of a team in a state that is generally looked down upon as culturally backward, such as "SASNAKRA", but we'll let Iowa represent.

Finally, I think this guy epitomizes the state of Iowa State athletics right now, but fear not Clone fans! Jamie Pollard will bring you back.



Holy hell, it's stopped raining. I may go slog out a quick 18.

No comments: